JME Advanced Inspection Systems
JME Advanced Inspection Systems
JME bespoke projects |
PIPELINE CRAWLERS • PORTABLE X-RAY BETATRON • DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHY
JME have a multiskilled in-house design department consisting of mechanical, electrical and software design engineers. They are supported by a large workforce of production staff, including electrical and mechanical technicians, machinists and operators. Using this resource, we are able to offer a complete design and build service for prototypes or one-off concepts, and ongoing production equipment.
JME has worked with some of the world’s largest multinational companies, fulfilling unique requirements within a range of industry sectors. These companies include B.P., Oceaneering, Global Marine and Birds Eye.
As an ISO 9001 registered company, the design and build services we supply are controlled by strict quality procedures. This ensures that your project is constructed to the highest standard, which not only meets your design brief, but also complies with all specified legal requirements.
JME CAN EVALUATE AND ADVISE ON ANY
RADIOGRAPHY PROJECT SPECIFICATION
We have extensive experience with the following Radiographic techniques:
- Wet Film
- Computed Radiography (CR)
- Digital Radiography (DR)
We have worked with – and can supply – a variety of X-Ray sources, ranging from 35kV to 9MeV, giving you the ability to examine almost any object, material and scale.
With over 35 years in the industry, we have built long-standing relationships with many supply partners, enabling us to source high-quality components at very competitive rates, ensuring any budgetary requirements are adhered to.
For further information, please use our contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, call our Sales Team on +44(0)1502 500969 for immediate assistance.
DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHY SYSTEMS
JME design and manufacture digital radiography systems to meet
customers specific inspection requirements.
All JME (DR) Systems are built with an integrated safety system, which includes emergency stop buttons and monitored door interlocks, audible pre-warning and fail safe warning lamps. All JME (DR) systems meet all the statutory requirements of the current Ionising Radiation Regulations at time of build.
Digital Imaging – The way forward
Wet film radiography has been accepted and used as a NDT technique for many years. However new X-Ray imaging techniques are now available and offer many advantages over film. As a leader in the field of advanced inspection equipment JME can offer Digital radiography (DR)
to our customers.
- Provide advice on choosing and using our DR systems,
radiographic techniques and safety requirements.
- Conduct feasibility studies and trials.
- Design and manufacture turn key solutions.
- Supply X-Ray sources.
- Supply assessor and image manipulation software.
- Provide after sales service and repair.
What are the advantages?
- DR is faster: Dependant on the application, images can be
produced in seconds, increasing productivity dramatically.
- Reduced running cost: DR uses no film or chemicals and
therefore does not require conventional processing.
- Improved Image Quality: Dependant on the application, images can
be produced which are superior to their film equivalent thereby enabling
better inspection. A pixel size of down to 45 μm is achievable.
- Film Emulation: If required images can be processed to emulate
conventional radiographic film such as D4 or D7.
- File Labelling: Image files can be electronically labelled with information about the work piece. This could include a description, job number, date, time etc. Labelling can appear as an overlay on the image, electronically embedded in the file or a combination of both.
- Image manipulation: Computer software may be used to manipulate the images. This can help to highlight flaws by adjusting parameters such as contrast, brightness and dynamic range. Sections of image may be magnified. Also digital point to point measurements can be made.
- Automated flaw detection: DR systems can be designed to automatically scan an image and report flaws. Such equipment can operate as an automated ‘go / no-go’ inspection system.
How does DR work?
DR works by Replacing conventional radiographic film with a digital X-ray sensor. The panel is connected to a computer which ‘captures’ the image digitally and stores it as a data file. A conventional X-ray source is used. There are other types of image capturing devices to suit different applications.
The resulting image can be viewed on a monitor, digitally enhanced or manipulated, archived, printed or emailed as required. We can even make the image files tamper evident so that you will know if anyone has attempted to alter them in any way.
EXAMPLE PROJECT UNDERTAKEN BY JME
A leading international subsea cable installation company commissioned JME to conduct a feasibility study into replacing their existing cable joint radiography cabinets on their fleet of ships with JME DR systems.
To investigate if DR was appropriate for the customers application and show that acceptable results would be obtained. The results of the study concluded that the DR solution would provide considerable acquisition time reductions, improved throughput and consistent image quality. Also better images could be anticipated.
Following the initial study, two development contracts were awarded to JME Ltd, one for a factory based DR system and a second for a ship based systems.
Our team of development engineers designed both systems on time and within budget. The customer is now enjoying all the benefits of their new systems and anticipates replacing all of their existing film based cable joint x-ray systems with new JME DR systems.
Take the next step to Better, Faster, More productive and Cost effective NDT Radiography
PROUDLY SUPPLYING THE NDT INDUSTRY FOR OVER 35 YEARS
Company Registration No 2056386 – Registered in England & Wales
VAT No GB 443 0172 87 © JME LTD – 1986-2022. All Rights Reserved.