R&D DEPARTMENT MANAGER
An innovative Engineering Company based in Lowestoft, Suffolk, providing specialist inspection (NDT) equipment, we are looking to fill the following position within our busy design department: –
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the department and oversee our team of mechanical, electronic and software design engineers. You will also manage and oversea the engineering document control system, always ensuring compliance with our ISO 9001 quality management system. You will be responsible in ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, setting objectives and supporting the design team members to maximize efficiencies.
We are ideally seeing someone with strong management and organizational skills along with being a great motivator, someone who can use their skills and experience and lead by example. Typical responsibilities include:
- Have good interpersonal, management and organisational skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the department.
- Appraise, develop and motivate department personnel to maximise productivity.
- Support other department in the design of bespoke products.
- Work closely with customers and suppliers.
- Plan and manage projects, and control costs.
- Be responsible for new and existing product development.
- Source new parts/components/materials as appropriate.
- Provide technical support to all departments as and when required.
- Ensure all documentation related to the design and manufacture of the product together with manuals is produced.
- Ensure that products comply with relevant standards and regulations.
- Work to our ISO 9001 quality system.
- Translate ideas into reality through innovative design.
- Have a full passport and driving licence, as International Travel may occasionally be required.
Responsibilities will cover all aspects from the design stage through to completion and handover. As part of the management team, you should lead by example, be able to people manage, motivate, and assist your team, be a proactive problem solver, be a confident communicator internally and externally with both written and spoken communications. It would be desirable if you have experience in a design engineering role as either mechanical or electronic design.
Salary Negotiable dependent on experience
To enquire please email email@example.com for an application form.